Our interactive online courses are developed by a team of experts at SupportEd and provide guidance in using research-based strategies for supporting the academic achievement and language development of ELs. Each course is asynchronous with intermediary deadlines and forum discussions that allow teachers and administrators to learn at their own pace while improving classroom practice and support of ELs. Each course participant becomes part of an online professional learning community (PLC) that provides the opportunity for dialogue and collaboration with other participants and the SupportEd team.
We’re offering the following five online courses:
- Culturally Responsive Teaching Strategies and Tools
- Strategies for Building ELs’ Academic Language
- Strategies for Making Content Accessible to ELs
- Effectively Advocating for ELs (not available Summer 2021)
- Effectively Reaching Students with Limited or Interrupted Formal Education (SLIFE) (not available Summer 2021)
All five courses provide a certificate for 12 hours of professional development upon completion. Graduate Credit enrollment is currently not available online. Please email Courses@GetSupportEd.net if you are interested in obtaining graduate credit for an additional fee and the successful completion of one 12-hour SupportEd online course.