Our interactive online courses are developed by a team of experts at SupportEd and provide guidance in using research-based strategies for supporting the academic achievement and language development of ELs. Each course allows teachers and administrators to learn at their own pace while improving classroom practice and support of ELs. Each course participant becomes part of an online professional learning community (PLC), as each course provides an opportunity for dialogue and collaboration with other participants and the SupportEd team.
We’re offering the following five online courses:
- Creating a Culturally Responsive School Climate
- Strategies for Building ELs’ Academic Language
- Strategies for Making Content Accessible to ELs
- Effectively Advocating for ELs
- Effectively Reaching Students with Limited or Interrupted Formal Education (SLIFE)
All five courses provide a certificate for 12 hours of professional development upon completion. Graduate credit can also be obtained through Trinity Washington University in Washington, DC for an additional fee and the successful completion of one 12-hour SupportEd online course.